Senior Systems Designer
DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 70 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, an immersive F2P mobile MMO, launched worldwide in November 2018 and continues to climb the charts across the globe.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Systems Designer. The successful candidate will use their grasp of game economics combined with a detailed understanding of gameplay loops to create a balanced and high performing user experience. Working closely with the design, data analytics, and LiveOps teams, you will deal with complex data on a daily basis in order to communicate and implement design requirements and solutions.
You’ll be working on free-to-play MMO games with huge numbers of users, with economies the size of small countries, multiple currencies, resources, and virtual items. You will be aware of every other system in the game and how they impact and connect to your area of ownership.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Take ownership of the design and balancing of game and economy systems
- Work closely with our Lead Game Designer to build and maintain the game economy
- Aid the LiveOps teams in creating tournaments, events, pricing, and special offers
- Assist other Game Designers with systems design and spreadsheet modelling.
- Work closely with our dev teams to ensure the correct implementation of design
- Review and evolve the game economy to achieve commercial goals
- Playtest, balance, and provide feedback on new game systems.
- Conduct competitor analysis and design teardowns.
To do this job, you will need:
- Highly proficient in excel and large spreadsheet/data management.
- Experienced in designing and modeling for game economies in a released game
- Strong knowledge of content distribution
- Excellent communication and team working skills, in order to effectively work with and assist the Game Design and Product teams
- A strong passion for games
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- Three released titles or equivalent experience as a Game/Systems Designer
- Relevant qualifications in Computing, Maths, Statistics, and/or Economics
- Excel VBA
- Strong knowledge of event-driven live operations in mobile games
- An avid player of F2P mobile strategy games
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.